April 2, 2011
I actually recorded this week’s episode a little early since we will be visiting family most of this weekend. Could this result in another KIP report for Episode 3?? We shall see!
Are you looking for some audio to augment your creative environment? Here are a few suggestions from mine:
- For all of you techies and trekkies, a few episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine might be just what the doctor ordered.
- If incredible fiddling and music you can move to are more your thing, check out Natalie Macmaster’s “Appropriate Dipstick.”
- If you don’t have the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice in your movie rotation, put it there NOW. It should be required by law.
- Feeling a little mellow and laid back? Kate Rusby is so easy to listen to. If more people were tuned into “Village Green Preservation Society” while driving, I think instances of road rage would drop dramatically.
- The Wailin’ Jennys will just make you stop and take notice. Their vocals are wonderfully folky and their harmonies are so tight. Check out “Come All You Sailors,” among others.
- Ever think you should have lived in a different time? Dr. Who will give you a smorgasbord to choose from… plus aliens.
If you are looking for a fabulous podcast that covers a variety of crafty topics, Martine at the iMake podcast has just what you’re looking for.
And, here’s the little beauty I dare you to knit (at your own risk, of course).
The Dallas Fiber Fest is happening April 8-10. I’ll be there! Will you?